Saturday, March 6, 2010
reflection 18
When reflecting on the quote, “In America, education has always been viewed as a vehicle for improving the society at large”, I nod my head yes because I agree on this idea. As a child from two parents who did not earn their high school degrees, I know that without education every person`s society is different. Many people who don’t get the necessary education bring the rest of the world down. When speaking about the economy, many people are not educated in knowing how to budget and save their money or they may not know about the harm in abusing credit cards. I can reminisce back on my senior year and I remember this speaker came in class and spoke about credit cards. She spoke about how to use one, when to use one, and how interest rates are calculated. If I was not in school and getting my education, I could have been one less person not knowing the fundamentals of a credit card. The speaker educated a class of thirty young students that could have made a differences in society .Education is what moves people to bigger and better things. The word vehicle in the quote can relate to mobility a career can take someone. Without an education, a career cannot be developed and made. As school in 20th century were becoming beginning start to workplace and learning was to keep productive, it was a starting point in why education became powerful and needed in every person in society. By people being educated¸ it brings people closer because they are in the path of knowing what is wrong or right. People who seek education are already in the path towards improvement. When taking the path of improvement, it provides and gives themselves and others a chance to do better. Society can only benefit with people who are educated and have the right mind to carry out ides to continue in developing a well enhance world. Education is the main tool that brings knowledge to one`s self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment