Friday, January 22, 2010
Biography and Purpose
My name is Marilyn Lopez. I was born in Miami on August 29, 1990. I’m nineteen years old and in my sophomore year in Miami Dade College. My major is Elementary education, I love kids. I have been working with kids since my high school years. I was in the Early Childhood Education program for four years. I completed over 200 community service hours at an Elementary school. I like kids so much, I work at an after school program from grades kindergarten to fifth. I see myself accomplishing all my goals. I’ am school oriented; I have a 3.68 GPA and take five classes a semester. I’ am blessed I have my scholarship to help pay my classes. My motto is “Go hard or go home”, I always tell myself and kids that I work with that effort is the bridge that takes you to your goal. Therefore, since I practice that motto, I’ am graduating from Miami Dade this spring semester with honors. I can’t be any more thrill to transfer and start at FIU. In fall 2010, I start the Bachelors program in the College of Education. I’m very strong and independent. My parents support me the best way they can. It has been a rough year, my mom is unemployed and my dad recently had a stroke on Thanksgiving Day. I strive ten times harder because of them. Besides my hardwork and family issues, I do like to have fun. I’ m very proud and happy owner of a 2009 Honda Fit. My car is my pride and joy. I love to go to the beach, Miami weather is the best weather in the country. Shopping is a habit for me. I love the mall and going out to eat. I even like to tutor my little cousin. I have been in a relationship of three years. We both go to school and are finishing up together. Although I don’t see myself settling down yet, I would like to have a family and be married in my late 20`s, my boyfriend and I work hard for our future. The big goal for the decade is to be an elementary school teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment